The Sacrament of Baptism is available for:
- Infants & Children (see below)
- Youth (pre-Confirmation age)
- Adults (and Youth post Confirmation age) (via RCIA)
Baptism of Infants, Children, and Youth
- Please email the CRE (cre at stauva.org) to sign up for a mandatory baptism class, or to verify prior attendance. Indicate on which date you will attend (see upcoming dates on the right side of this page).
- After the class, complete the provided records form for the office.
- Prayerfully select a godparent or godparents for your child. Feel free to share this page and to invite prospective godparents to the baptism class with you. Each godparent must fill out a Godparent Attestation Form and submit it to the parish office (ATTN: Caroline Golomb).
- Mailed hardcopies: ATTN: Caroline Golomb, St.Thomas Aquinas Church, 401 Alderman Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903
- Scanned copies: emailed to CRE ([email protected]).
- Contact the Parish Office to schedule the Baptism. Baptisms are held at 1:30 on Sundays.
Children five-years and up must fulfill the above requirements AND meet with the appropriate religious education supervisor for their grade.
Parents who are unmarried or were married outside the Catholic Church and who wish to be married in the Church, please email Deacon Tony ([email protected]).
- Must have at least one godparent, maximum two (if two, one male, one female)
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must be a fully-initiated Catholic (having received the sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist, and Confirmation)
- Must not be bound by any canonical penalty (e.g. a person who is married must be in a marriage which is recognized by the Church)
- Must lead a life of faith befitting the role to be undertaken (regularly attending Mass on Sunday and living the faith)
- Cannot be a parent of the child (for infant Baptism)
- May be a parent of the candidate (for Confirmation)
- August (by appointment)
- September 17
- October 15
- November 19
- December 10